Tuesday 23 July 2013

20 Days of Gold Making - Day Ten.

Nev from Auction House Addict has created a community project for the gold makers among us 20 Days of Gold Making You can find a list of all of the participants in this blog post at AH addict.

The question for today is;

"Do you farm materials? Why? Why not? & which ones, where?"

The short answer is no. At least not specifically. I adore transmog, achievements and reputation which means I often find myself in older instances/raids and come out with a bunch of mats. I disenchant most of the gear pre Cataclysm. I shatter the Abyss Crystals I get from Wrath raids. Heavenly shards sell for very little so when it comes to Cataclysm raids I vendor the items instead. I turn Netherweave and Frostweave into bags.

I also make sure to do my Sunsong Ranch most days.
I enjoy farming leather, I actually find it kind of relaxing but I now don't have a Skinner. I have a visual impairment called Nystagmus which means that farming herbs and ore are pretty difficult for me. I get a really bad headache staring at the yellow dots on the mini-map as they're difficult for me to focus on. Constantly moving my eyes from the top right hand corner of my screen back to my character not only hurts my head but strains my eyes. This could be solved with addons such as moving my map to the middle of my screen or using a map overlay which covers my whole screen but it's just not something I've been interested in doing as I don't enjoy farming anyway.

Farming can be a great way to make some capital if you're new to gold making. The Undermine Journal is a fantastic resource if you're interested in farming up a bit of gold. Once you select your server. Mouse over Gathered on the top bar and select your chosen profession. Herbalism for example. TUJ will pull all of the information for all herbs and you'll be able to make a decision on what's better to farm. Materials from previous expansions typically sell well as they have fewer people gathering them.

Check WoW Professions and select a professions which will go along with your gathering professions. (You don't have to take this profession yourself but you'll be able to see which materials are required for that profession.) If we stick with Herbalism and look up Alchemy you'll see a list of all of the mats required to level Alchemy in a bullet point list. If you have Mining you could look up the Blacksmithing guide.

I'm not against farming I just don't really enjoy it. If there's something I need and there are none on the auction house. I'll likely go get it myself. 

1 comment:

  1. You know recently I unloaded some of my mining materials, and wow you get so much gold for it. It's a lot more profitable than it was in Cataclysm now. Even selling Cataclysm materials.

    ReplyDelete