Wednesday 24 July 2013

Day Seven. WoW Blogging Challenge - Blog Name.

We're onto the seventh day of the Soulbound - 20 days of WoW blogging challenge. Today Soulbound asks us;

"The reason behind your blog’s name"

Choosing a blog name was something that didn't come easily to me. It took weeks of umming and ahhing to settle on something I liked. When I started blogging I didn't really know what direction I wanted my blog to go in. I only knew that I wanted to start one. I talked about my reasons for starting my blog in the second day of the blogging challenge. I was heavily into gold making but I didn't want to chose a blog name solely around gold making. There are a lot of fantastic gold blogs out there and I didn't think I could really contribute much at least nowhere near their standard! I also didn't want to be pigeon-holed in case I moved away from gold making.

My main has been my Priest for a really long time so when I was looking at blog names I did have a look though my Priest's spell book and talent sheet. Again I didn't want to be locked into only writing about one topic plus a few of the Priest talents are hard to spell! I didn't want people who liked my blog to have trouble finding me. 

 While standing in Exodar one day taking some screenshots of my latest transmog I noticed part of the city called The Vault of Lights, it was perfect! Although I dropped the s from the end. I'd looked at zone names before but dismissed the idea because I couldn't find any I liked.

Vault spoke to me in part due to my gold making and also in part due to my collecting of things such as transmog gear, fun little vanity items, pets and mounts. Light represented my Priest and my love of healing. It's my go to main spec on any class which can heal.


No comments:

Post a Comment